Friday, February 7, 2014

Cinnamon Coffee Cake

Okay, due to special request, I am sharing this amazing Cinnamon Coffee Cake recipe.
I don't have any pictures yet, so when I make this again I'll be sure to take some. For now, here is the recipe with pictures coming soon. :)

Cinnamon Coffee Cake
  • 1/4c. butter (softened)
  • 3/4c. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder (sift)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt

Topping
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 3 tbsp. flour
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 4 tbsp. butter (melted)
  • 1/2c. chopped nuts (optional)
We start with the wet ingredients. Get out your beaters and a spatula - you'll need both.
In a large mixing bowl, pour in your softened butter, sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla, and cream (beat) together. Next you will add in your flour and baking powder. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. When thoroughly mixed, pour into 9x9 in. baking pan. Now we will make the topping for this.

In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture over your cake. Lastly, drizzle the melted butter over your cake and top with nuts.

Bake for 25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. The top should feel firm, and when tested with a knife or toothpick, it should come out clean.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please comment below and let me know if you try this, and feel free to send me your pictures! I would love to see your beautiful cakes! :)
You can email me at: fit2behealth@gmail.com

Thanks for reading! God bless you! :)

Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment